Monday, February 15, 2016

Its been a while...

Hello my friends! I'm sure you have been eagerly awaiting my next blog post (I mean it has been over a month since I last posted! Where does the time go?!) But really, January was such a slow and dull month and not a whole lot happened worthy of recognition!

Well here's the gist. I worked out a lot, then stopped, then started back up. I ate way to much mango sticky rice, tried participating in "dry January", I visited friends in Hat Yai two weekends in a row and saw Star War: The Force Awakens yet again! I drank a lot of coffee and ate a lot of roti, and hit the beach (well what passes as a beach in Satun) a few times.

(Pak Bara "beach")

So there ya go, my new year really started with a bang huh?!

Last weekend, we had Monday off, so a group of friends and myself went to another cave! This one is called the Jed Chot Cave but every sign we saw had the name spelled a different way so I don't really know if that's right! But anyways, this cave is only accessible by river, so we had to rent some kayaks and paddle down the river to get to the cave. It wasn't the third largest cave in the world or anything, but it was really spectacular! Kayaking through a dark cave is so serene and it was tons of fun! The were so many bats along the roof of the cave chattering away when our lights hit them. There were some beautiful skylights and rock formations, and even though it wasn't huge, it was worth the trip!

Upon exiting the cave, we posed for a picture on a little beach and then hopped back in the kayaks with our tour guide. We were then attacked by naked children splashing and laughing and trying to hop in the boats with us! That was fun!

(The gang in a cave)

Besides the fun excursions and mini trips, school has been a drag. As January wore on I became more anxious to be done. My family is visiting in March and then I get to do some travel solo and with friends in April, and I cannot wait! I love the kids, but I hate teaching and feel slightly bad about not renewing my contract because of the kids and the friends I've made here, but I know I will be much happier back home in the states. And anyways, my next adventure starts in August!

So there you have it, until next time!

(Can't beat those Thai sunsets)





No comments:

Post a Comment